The Read Indigenous Photographic project is an example of how to promote and engage Indigenous youth with Indigenous authors. The exhibit featured over 36 images of Indigenous authors, their books and Indigenous youth and supported by the Institute for American Indian Research (IFAIR).
– Create simple photographic documentation to highlight Indigenous authors, their books & youth.
– Strengthen inter-generational connections through literacy.
– Promote Indigenous literacy.
– Advocate for Indigenous educators for Indigenous students cultivating Indigenous worldview.
– Inspire, and propagate Indigenous authorship.
– Possible on-line and/or at conference fundraiser, exhibit, and award.
– Honor Indigenous authors by awarding them with gratitude.
– Establish prominent roles for elders and youth.